Monday, May 2, 2011

Historic Weekend

On Friday, April 29, 2011, I oohed and awed over the ROYAL WEDDING! My hubby thought it was ridiculous, but I thought that is was so great to see a country celebrate something good in a world where we see mostly bad...

I thought Kate Catherine looked beautiful in her wedding gown! And the way that Prince William looked at her made me feel as if they were truly in love! I must say the "double kiss" was so sweet! Can you tell I'm a hopeless romantic???
I also loved Catherine's second dress...really classy and sheek.
And I must not forget about the hats a.k.a. facilitators....some were great...others were a bit too much for me. Overall, I would love this trend! It's so formal and fun!



And now for the news, we, as Americans received last night....

Osama bin Laden was killed on 4/1/11 in a Navy Seal operation while living in a giant compound (mansion) in Pakistan. I have to document where we were when we heard the news. I was ironing clothes (so memorable! haha!) and Justin was watching ESPN (typical)...then ESPN had a breaking news interruption where they switched to CBS to share the news. Justin called me in the living room and we began watching (of course we then turned to a major network b/c ESPN only covered so much of it! :))

I didn't know what to feel at first because...Yes, he is a man that has caused so much pain and suffering on innocent lives, but he is still a child of God. I know he may be "evil," but I am still uncomfortable celebrating death in such a Loud, Extravagent way???? Anyway, he is dead and now the world waits in fear for a retaliation . I hope this did bring peace to the victims' families of 9/11, and I am so proud of our military men and women. Even though this took almost 10 years....our fighting men and women never gave up. I am proud to be an American. God Bless the USA!


 
**Unfortunately, I did not get an invite to the Royal Wedding so obviously all of these photos were taken from google images.**

No comments:

Post a Comment